The logs heating furnace heats the aluminium log to the preset temperature optimizing the energy consumption.
- Structure coated inside with a refractory ceramic material and ceramic fibre panels, it has been specially designed to maintain the temperature and insulate the inside of the furnace from the outside.
- The aluminium log enters the furnace at ambient temperature and leaves it at a temperature of approximately 500ºC. Progressively higher temperatures within the furnace are obtained by the independent control of each of the burner areas.
- Between combustion chamber and pre-heating chamber a bridge of refractory steel with an insulating panel prevents heat dissipation.
- Situated in each of the different areas of the furnace, the thermocouples monitor the temperature of the log and record it by direct contact and are situated laterally to allow an easy access for maintenance.
- The hot exhaust gases system benefits from a heat resistant turbine that sucks the gases form the burner areas and through a distribution system the gases are blasted onto the surface of the incoming billets at high speed. This increases the heat transfer coefficient and creates an important temperature increase.
- The log is guided through the furnace by stainless steel rollers platforms.
- To have an easy and fast maintenance, the top of the furnace can be removed easily with a crane because of its special light weight design.